With an outdoor kitchen, you get the best of both worlds. Not only do you get to expand your kitchen area, the heart of any home, but you also create an outdoor living space the whole family can enjoy. Designing your custom outdoor kitchen on your own can be quite arduous and overwhelming, so here are some points to consider before calling the professionals:
- The first step is to find a space in your backyard with enough room to incorporate an outdoor living area. The best spot to put your outdoor kitchen is in conjunction with the main kitchen in your house. Doing so will make access between the two for food preparation and back and forth traffic a lot easier.
- It is especially helpful if you already have a patio installed or are planning to add one as it is an ideal foundation for the outdoor kitchen.
- Feature any style and material you want to, keeping your budget, and the style of your home in mind. Carry out your style to the countertops you have in mind.
- Decide on the size of the kitchen you’d like; From the grill to the sink, fridge, cabinets, and bars, the more features you include, the more space is required.
- How you plan to use the kitchen will make all the difference, for example: if you plan on having BBQs every week, during the Summer, consider the high volume of food preparation necessary. The countertops you have in mind for your new outdoor kitchen.
- What else would you like to add to make the kitchen complete. Do you just want a food preparation area, or a full out dining area as well? Besides the countertop space, adding a kitchen island offers even more room for food prep.
- You can go the easy way and just put out some lawn chairs, or you can go all out with an outdoor dining table.
- Don’t forget, protection from the direct sunlight, heat and rain. Keep your outdoor kitchen covered with an awning, roof, or pergola, you will make the most out of your outdoor living space with some weather protection. Enjoy cooking and eating outside in comfort.
We’ll work with you every step of the way — from drawing board to installation — to give you your ideal outdoor living space that’s both beautiful and practical. To get the full design experience, contact Western Lehigh to get started on your custom outdoor kitchen.